New exciting Algorand use case — Formula E NFTs
Hello Blocsport.one & Algo fam!
It’s a pleasure to have you here and we are super excited about our new NFT endeavour with Algorand. As you know at the beginning of April, we dropped our first round of Formula E NFTs hosted by https://algo.nftdeals.io.
The idea behind the release was to let you buy the mystery box NFT and on race day have them revealed as Gold, Silver or City Edition helmets with real-world prizes, to commemorate Algorand Foundation’s Race Against Climate Change initiative. Fans that collect all 8 of the helmets would have a chance to win a grand prize at the end of the ABB FIA Formula E Experience.
The technical approach we took was to generate one mystery box token per purchase, which then turns into the final NFT at random. The solution was enthusiastically received by the Algorand community and we were met with a lot of positive support from the drop.
Not everything went perfectly on our end, however. Some users experienced trouble sending tokens and the NFT was incorrectly displayed in Pera Wallet. We owe you an apology and an explanation of how we want to remedy the situation, moving forward.
The team learned a lot from the rollout and we are confident we will deliver a working solution for the next iteration. We are currently working on the best approach how to fix race 1 and optimize our race 2 rollout.
Here is our solution:
- We will temporarily freeze sales for race 1. (Sales for Race 1 Rome Triumph NFT are paused)
- We will airdrop the race 1 token (as a separate token) to current token holders on April 20th. Rest assured, you will get the right helmet in your wallet.
- We will reopen the remaining sales for race 1 on April 23rd.
- We will open race 2 with the improved smart contract solution — the user experience on the website will remain the same but issues with Pera Wallet displays and integration will be fixed. Tokens will be fully transferable. Purchases of the Race 2 Monaco Mystery Box will be available from April 23rd through the MyAlgo or Pera Wallet.
- Pera wallet, as well as MyAlgo, will work for race 2 and race 1 at the same time on April 23rd.
Again, we are sorry for the trouble caused at the beginning of the NFT rollout for this exciting Formula E season. We will treat race 1 as a use case to ensure we are using the amazing Algorand blockchain to its full capacity.